Self-confidence is one of the most powerful feelings you can embody. Moving through life with confidence allows you to conquer your fears and believe in yourself enough to go after the things that you really want.
When you believe you are enough and that you deserve happiness, your entire attitude changes. It allows you to be yourself unapologetically.
If improving your self-confidence is something you are working on, hopefully, these 199 self-confidence quotes can help inspire you to accept yourself. You deserve to be proud of who you are.
- Positive and inspirational quotes about self-confidence
- Self-confidence quotes for women
- Self-confidence quotes for men
- Beauty self-confidence quotes
- Body confidence quotes
- Quotes about self-confidence and happiness
- Confidence quotes about self-worth and self-esteem
- Self-Confidence quotes from Swami Vivekananda
- Quotes about self-love and confidence
- Motivational self-confidence quotes
- Short self-confidence quotes
- Funny and sassy self-confidence quotes
- Sports quotes about confidence
- Quotes about confidence and courage
- Quotes about low self-confidence and self-doubt
If you are looking for quotes to help boost your self-confidence, then you have come to the right place. The following quotes are great reminders of why self-confidence is important and the power that you hold when you believe in yourself.
1. “The single most powerful way to build confidence is to act with the confidence you aspire to have.” —Margie Warrell, Use It or Lose It, 2015
2. “90% of life is confidence. And the thing about confidence is no one knows if it’s real or not.” —Maddy Perez, Euphoria
3. “Self-confidence is a superpower. Once you start believing in yourself, magic starts happening.” —Unknown
4. “[Confidence] starts with yourself, man. You gotta start diving into those things you’re afraid of.” —David Goggins, School of Greatness Podcast, 2018
5. “A calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence. So that’s very important for good health.” —Dalai Lama
6. “We are all stars, and we deserve to twinkle.” —Marilyn Monroe
7. “Self-confidence is a superpower. Once you start believing in yourself, magic starts happening.” —Unknown
8. “You teach people how to treat you by how you treat yourself.” —Brooke Castillo, Self-Confidence, Life Coach School Podcast
9. “You have to have self-confidence before you create that success, not after.” —Brooke Castillo, Self-Confidence, Life Coach School Podcast
10. “Confidence is ‘We’re all great, all of the time.’ Even in our moments of weakness. Even in our moments of confusion. Even when we’re not bringing our best to the table.” —Brooke Castillo, Creating Confidence, Life Coach School Podcast,
11. “Confidence is always going to come from that space of believing and trusting that you can do whatever it is you want to do.” —Brooke Castillo, Self-Confidence, Life Coach School Podcast
12. “I have faith in my ability to learn it; I have faith in my ability to try; I have faith in my ability not to give up.” —Brooke Castillo, Self-Confidence, Life Coach School Podcast
13. “How do you build self-confidence? Get away from the people who will tear you down.” —Ivan Joseph, The Skill of Self-Confidence, Tedx, 2012
14. “If I don’t say it, if I don’t believe it, no one else will.” —Ivan Joseph, The Skill of Self-Confidence, Tedx, 2012
15. “I am the greatest. I said that before I even knew I was.” —Muhammad Ali
16. “Confidence isn’t about feeling superior to others. It’s a quiet inner knowledge that you’re capable.” —Confidence, KidsHealth
17. “Confident people aren’t only willing to practice, they’re also willing to acknowledge that they don’t—and can’t—know everything.” —Amy Gallo, How to Build Confidence, 2011
18. “It may sound simple, but confidence is something that we underestimate the importance of. We treat it like a nice-to-have instead of a must-have.” —Brittany Cunningham, How to Build Your Confidence, Tedx, 2019
19. “The good news is that confidence can be acquired. It’s not something you’re born with—it’s a muscle we all have.” —Lauren Currie, How Do You Solve Lack of Confidence and Diversity? 2018
20. “Building confidence means taking small steps that leave a lasting sense of accomplishment.” —Barbara Markway, Why Self-Confidence is More Important Than You Think, 2018
21. “Self-confidence doesn’t mean you won’t sometimes fail. But you’ll know you can handle challenges and not be crippled by them.” —Barbara Markway, Why Self-Confidence is More Important Than You Think, 2018
The following are self-confidence quotes just for her. For teenage girls and women building self-confidence can be challenging. These are great quotes for you if you are dedicated to your own personal growth. These quotes are also great inspiration for the younger generation.
1. “She believed she could and she did.” —Unknown
2. “Learn how to embrace your own unique beauty, celebrate your unique gifts with confidence. Your imperfections are actually a gift.” —Kerry Washington
3. “If you live your whole life seeking your self-confidence from other people’s approval, you’re always going to be seeking.” —Brooke Castillo, Self-Confidence, Life Coach School Podcast
4. “The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence.” —Blake Lively
5. “In love with my future self.” —Unknown
6. “A woman who knows her worth doesn’t measure herself against another woman, but stands strong, calm and self-confident.” —Unknown
7. “The quickest way to acquire self-confidence is to do exactly what you are afraid to do.” —Unknown
8. “I used to hate feeling embarrassed, but then I realized nobody’s watching and nobody gives a damn.” —Barbara Corcoran
9. “Many women of note are also attached to the notion of modesty and are proud to work below the radar. They find the idea of confidence almost offensive.” —Lauren Currie, How Do You Solve Lack of Confidence and Diversity? 2018
10. “It’s a beautiful thing to be able to stand tall and say ‘I fell apart but I survived.’” —Unknown
11. “I am definitely a woman and I enjoy it.” —Marilyn Monroe
12. “Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world.” —Marilyn Monroe
13. “Self-confidence makes it easy for people to like us because we are setting the way.” —Brooke Castillo, Self-Confidence, Life Coach School Podcast
14. “The more self-confident I am, the less I’m going to try and put you down, the less I’m going to try and hurt you, the less I’m going to try and slow you down or sabotage you because I’m not depending on your failing in order for me to get my sense of confidence.” —Brooke Castillo, Self-Confidence, Life Coach School Podcast
These quotes are just for him. The power of a confident mindset is unmistakable. Build your inner strength and belief in yourself with the following 6 quotes.
1. “Man often becomes what he believes himself to be.” —Mahatma Gandhi
2. “Self-confidence is really about emotion. We don’t know how to do everything, especially when we’re trying new things, but we know how to handle our own mindset, and that’s where confidence comes from.” —Brooke Castillo, Self-Confidence, Life Coach School Podcast
3. “I was born to make mistakes, not fake perfection.” —Drake
4. “When it comes to knowing what to say, to charm, I always had it.” —Drake
5. “The reason that so many people never fulfill their potential is not a lack of intelligence, opportunity or resources, but a lack of belief in themselves.” —Margie Warrell, Use It or Lose It, 2015
6. “To become strong, to become more confident, then you move towards the adversity instead of away from it.” —Brooke Castillo, Confidence as a Byproduct, Life Coach School Podcast
It’s easy to get stuck in the belief that we need to change something about ourselves in order to feel beautiful. The truth is though, that you just as you are right now is perfect. Enjoy the following uplifting quotes about feeling beautiful in your own skin.
1. “Confidence is the only key. I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” —Emma Stone
2. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” —Coco Chanel
3. “Just being authentic, and knowing that that’s good enough. That’s confidence.” —Brooke Castillo, Creating Confidence, Life Coach School Podcast
4. “Self-confidence is the ability to feel beautiful without needing someone to tell you.” —Mandy Hale
5. “If we want more self-confidence, we have to work on our thoughts and not on our appearance. It’s our thoughts that determine whether we feel confident.” —Sam Laura Brown, An Honest Post About Self-Confidence
6. “Beauty is self-confidence applied directly to the face.” —Unknown
7. “If you are confident, you are beautiful.” —Unknown
8. “True beauty is the flame of self-confidence that shines from the inside out.” —Barrie Davenport
9. “Beauty isn’t about having a pretty face. It is about having a pretty mind, a pretty heart, and most importantly, a beautiful soul.” —Mike McClure Jr.
10. “Beauty to me is being comfortable in your own skin. That or a kick-ass red lipstick.” —Gwneyth Paltrow
11. “It is confidence in our bodies, minds and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.” —Oprah Winfrey
12. “Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than a belief that she is beautiful.” —Sophia Loren
13. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” —Marilyn Monroe
14. “Perfectionism is a huge confidence killer.” —Lauren Currie, How Do You Solve Lack of Confidence and Diversity? 2018
15. “We just took a selfie. We captured that moment, that’s what I looked like in that moment. I had something in my teeth, and one of my eyes was half closed, that’s the truth of the moment. Share it. Share it with the world. I don’t care, I don’t have a problem with it. I don’t have to always look great in a picture. I think that that’s confidence.” —Brooke Castillo, Creating Confidence, Life Coach School Podcast
Feeling confident in a swimsuit has much more to do with how you feel about your body than how you think it looks. Body confidence is all about embracing your body exactly as it is, and believing that you deserve to wear whatever makes you feel good. Confidence really is the best accessory.
1. “I am obsessed with becoming a woman comfortable in her own skin.” —Unknown
2. “Every body is a bikini body.” —Unknown
3. “Confidence is everything. Confidence is what makes that simple white tee and jeans look good.” —Ciara
4. “Body confidence doesn’t come from trying to achieve the perfect body, it comes from embracing the one you’ve already got.” —@Lyfe2cool1, Feb 27 2022, 7:28PM, Twitter
5. “No matter what a woman looks like, if she’s confident, she’s sexy.” —Unknown
6. “It took me so long to be able to dress myself in a way that doesn’t hide every inch of my body and doing it has given me so much confidence and self love so there is absolutely no way I am going to let anyone make me think that that is a bad thing.” —@Lollyfitz13, Feb 22 2022, 4:31PM, Twitter
7. “Fall in love with taking care of your body.” —Unknown
8. “Your mind and body are a source of confidence not anxiety. So take a breath and be proud of the person you are.” —@English78665128, Feb 21 2022, 9:16AM, Twitter
9. “You define beauty. Society doesn’t define your beauty.” —Lady Gaga
10. “Confidence is beautiful. No matter your size, no matter your weight, be confident in who you are and you will be beautiful.” —Unknown
11. “Feeling confident, being comfortable in your own skin – that’s what really makes you beautiful.” —Bobbi Brown
12. “To me there is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty.” —Steve Maraboli
13. “If you have to be perfect, it’s because you don’t want anyone to be able to criticize you. You don’t want anyone to be able to point out a flaw.” —Brooke Castillo, Confidence as a Byproduct , Life Coach School Podcast
14. “It’s amazing what a lil working out will do for your body and your confidence.” —@Justuffbytj, Feb 25 2022, 6:45AM, Twitter
15. “You will enjoy being in your body. You will feel powerful sexual energy running through you but you won’t have any desire to indulge it by having sex. Instead that powerful energy can be used to channel healing, creativity and confidence.” —@Tanyahoulie, Feb 24 2022, 5:29AM, Twitter
Building a life for yourself that brings you happiness will require self-confidence. You have to believe in yourself and your dreams enough to go after them. Enjoy the following self-empowerment quotes about being confident enough to create the life of your dreams.
1. “Happiness and confidence are the prettiest things you can wear.” —Taylor Swift
2. “When you have confidence you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun you can do amazing things.” —Joe Namath
3. “Self-confidence is linked to almost every element involved in a happy and fulfilling life.” —Barbara Markway, Why Self-Confidence is More Important Than You Think, 2018
4. “Happiness and self-confidence come naturally when you feel yourself moving and progressing toward becoming the very best person you can possibly be.” —Brian Tracy
5. “Confidence is a feeling that feels amazing.” —Brooke Castillo, Creating Confidence, Life Coach School Podcast
6. “What you think about yourself is much more important than what people think about you.” —Unknown
7. “Happiness is a choice, not a result. Nothing will make you happy until you choose to be happy. No person will make you happy unless you decide to be happy. Your happiness will not come to you. It can only come from you.” —Unknown
8. “Confidence will really determine the actions you take towards the things you want in your life, and that’s why it matters. Feeling confident is a skill.” —Brooke Castillo, Creating Confidence, Life Coach School Podcast
9. “Focus on your growth instead of perfection.” —Unknown
10. “I think happiness is what makes you beautiful, period. Happy people are beautiful.” —Unknown
11. “You were born with a right to be happy.” —Unknown
12. “She was a girl who knew how to be happy even when she was sad. And that’s important.” —Marilyn Monroe
13. “When you look at people that have genuine self-confidence, you know that they’ve either created something amazing or they’re about to create something amazing.” —Brooke Castillo, Self-Confidence, Life Coach School Podcast
14. “Self-confident people are generally more positive—they value themselves and trust their judgment. But they also acknowledge their failures and mistakes, and learn from them.” —How to Build Self-Confidence, Mindtools
Self-esteem and self-worth are very similar feelings. Self-worth is a positive, deep-rooted recognition of one’s value, whereas self-esteem is what we think, feel, and believe about ourselves. If you struggle with self-validation and want to improve your belief in yourself, these are the perfect quotes for you.
1. “Courage + Self-Esteem = Confidence.” —Unknown
2. “Be everything to you, not everything to everybody.” —Lisa Lieberman-Wang
3. “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” —Lao Tzu
4. “It’s not what you are that’s holding you back. It’s what you think you are not.” —Unknown
5. “Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.” —Steve Jobs
6. “Don’t let anyone ever dull your sparkle.” —Unknown
7. “Self-respect, self-worth and self-love all start with self. Stop looking outside of yourself for your value.” —Rob Liano
8. “True confidence has no room for jealousy and envy. When you know you are great, you have no reason to hate.” —Unknown
9. “Confidence isn’t walking into a room and thinking you’re better than everyone, it’s walking in and not having to compare yourself to anyone at all.” —@JJwatt, July 27 2019, 5:20AM, Twitter
10. “The only thing that matters in life is your own opinion about yourself.” —Osho
11. “Confidence is not ‘they will like me.’ Confidence is ‘I’ll be fine if they don’t.’” —Unknown
12. “[Self confidence is] about valuing yourself and feeling worthy, regardless of any imperfections or what others may believe about you.” —How to Build Self-Confidence, Mindtools
13. “With that being said, you either like me or you don’t. I have no time to try and convince anyone to value all that I am.” —Daniel Franzese
14. “When you know that you’re worthy because you’re a human being, then you also know that everybody else is worthy, too.” —Brooke Castillo, Self-Confidence, Life Coach School Podcast
15. “Don’t focus on what you think you deserve. Take aim at what you are willing to earn.” —David Goggins
16. “Take the belief that you are valuable, worthwhile, and capable, also known as self-esteem, add in the optimism that comes when you are certain of your abilities, and then empowered by these, act courageously to face a challenge head-on. This is confidence.” —Amy Adkins, 3 Tips to Boost Your Confidence, Tedx, 2015
17. “When someone rejects you, the worst thing that can happen from that rejection is what you make it mean. When you know that, you have your own back. You can tell yourself, no matter if this person rejects me or not, I am going to make it mean something that fuels me, that empowers me, that increases my self-confidence, and I will never use it as a reason to decrease my self-confidence.” —Brooke Castillo, Self-Confidence, Life Coach School Podcast
This list with quotes about self-esteem might also interest you.
When it comes to famous people who are role models for self-confidence, Swami Vivekananda is a great example. He was instrumental in bringing the teachings of yoga and Hinduism to the West during a time of intolerance. Enjoy the following motivational Swami Vivekananda quotes in English.
1. “The greatest religion is to be true to your own nature. Have faith in yourself.” —Swami Vivekananda
2. “Conquer yourself and the whole universe is yours.” —Swami Vivekananda
3. “Believe in yourself and the whole world will be at your feet.” —Swami Vivekananda
4. “Whatever you think, you will be. If you think yourself weak; weak you will be. If you think yourself strong; strong you will be.” —Swami Vivekananda
5. “Take risks in your life. If you win you can lead, if you lose you can guide.” —Swami Vivekananda
6. “Learn everything that is good from others, but bring it in and in your own way absorb it; do not become others.” —Swami Vivekananda
7. “In a conflict between your brain and your heart, follow your heart.” —Swami Vivekananda
8. “If I love myself despite my innate faults, how can I hate anyone at the glimpse of a few faults?” —Swami Vivekananda
9. “You are the creator of your own destiny.” —Swami Vivekananda
10. “All power is within you; you can do everything and anything.” —Swami Vivekananda
11. “You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.” —Swami Vivekananda
12. “The world is a great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.” —Swami Vivekananda
13. “What we are, our thoughts have made us, so take care about what you think.” —Swami Vivekananda
Deep self-love and self-confidence go hand in hand. When you learn to love all parts of yourself, flaws and all, it’s easier to move through life with confidence. Be brave enough to love yourself fully with the following quotes about self-love and confidence.
1. “Self-love means not settling for less than you deserve.” —Jeffrey Borenstein, Self-Love and What it Means, 2020
2. “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.” —Maya Angelou
3. “A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.” —Zen Shin
4. “Self-confidence is… ‘I love myself. I like myself and because of that, I like all of you.’” —Brooke Castillo, Self-Confidence, Life Coach School Podcast
5. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity, it’s sanity.” —Katrina Mayer
6. “Self-love motivates you to make healthy choices in life. When you hold yourself in high esteem, you’re more likely to choose things that nurture your well-being and serve you well.” —Jeffrey Borenstein, Self-Love and What it Means, 2020
7. “Self-love means accepting yourself as you are in this very moment for everything that you are.” —Jeffrey Borenstein, Self-Love and What it Means, 2020
8. “Love yourself first and everything else falls in line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” —Lucille Ball
9. “Life is too short to spend it at war with yourself.” —Unknown
10. “Be yourself, an original is so much better than a copy.” —Unknown
11. “Authenticity is the daily practice of letting go of who we think we are supposed to be and embracing who we are.” —Brene Brown
12. “Self-confident people have positive thoughts about themselves, which in turn create positive thoughts towards others.” —Brooke Castillo, Self-Confidence, Life Coach School Podcast
Not being afraid to try new things and possibly fail at them is an important part of self-growth and increasing your self-confidence. Wise people know that failure is just a part of life, and an important one. If you are looking for quotes to help inspire you to take risks and be confident enough to try something new, these 12 quotes are just for you.
1. “You don’t gain confidence by going to the spot that makes you feel good.” —David Goggins, School of Greatness Podcast, 2018
2. “Many people think they’re confident because of their accomplishments, but really they are confident because of the obstacles they overcame to achieve their goal.” —Brooke Castillo, Confidence as a Byproduct , Life Coach School Podcast
3. “I will not be stopped.” —Unknown
4. “Self-confidence is a key to unlock your self-motivation.” —Unknown
5. “Confidence comes not from always being right, but from not fearing to be wrong.” —Peter T. McIntyre
6. “Your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude.” —Michelle Obama
7. “Try things you don’t think you can do. Failure can be very useful for building confidence.” —Deborah H. Gruenfeld, Harvard Business Review
8. “Self-confidence is not some amazing talent that creates success. Self-confidence is your ability to know that you can handle any negative emotion and keep going.” —Brooke Castillo, Self-Confidence, Life Coach School Podcast
9. “Self-confidence waxes and wanes and takes work to build, develop and maintain… however, when we understand the sources of healthy self-confidence we can always work on cultivating it within ourselves.” —Courtney Ackerman, What is Self-Confidence? 2021
10. “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me?” —Ayn Rand
11. “To build confidence, you have to practice confidence.” —Courtney Ackerman, What is Self-Confidence? 2021
12. “With consistent effort, and the courage to take a risk, we can gradually expand our confidence, and with it, our capacity to build more of it!” —Margie Warrell, Use It or Lose It, 2015
13. “Focus on things that inspire you, and you’ll feel more powerful.” —Margie Warrell, Use It or Lose It, 2015
If you are looking for short and simple confidence quotes for Instagram, then these are perfect for you. The following quotes are beautiful self-affirmations that are great to share with friends.
1. “Self-confidence comes from knowing that if you fail you’re going to be okay.” —Brooke Castillo, Self-Confidence, Life Coach School Podcast
2. “Self-confidence is the best outfit. Rock it and own it.” —Unknown
3. “For some of us, confidence is a revolutionary choice.” —Brittany Cunningham, How to Build Your Confidence, Tedx, 2019
4. “When you have confidence, you can do anything.” —Sloane Stevens
5. “You are powerful, brilliant and brave.” —Unknown
6. “It’s okay to lose people, but never lose yourself.” —Buddha
7. “To belittle is to be little.” —Drake
8. “I might be too strung out on compliments, overdosed on confidence.” —Drake
9. “Self-confidence is one of the traits of a leader.” —Brooke Castillo, Self-Confidence, Life Coach School Podcast
10. “It’s our thoughts that create confidence, not our results.” —Sam Laura Brown, An Honest Post About Self-Confidence
11. “Confidence is the necessary spark before everything that follows.” —Brittany Cunningham, How to Build Your Confidence, Tedx, 2019
12. “Confidence helps us keep going even when we failed.” —Brittany Cunningham, How to Build Your Confidence, Tedx, 2019
13. “Success correlates just as closely with confidence as it does with competence.” —Lauren Currie, How Do You Solve Lack of Confidence and Diversity? 2018
14. “Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace.” —Hebrews 4:16, ESV
Self-confidence is definitely an attitude. And while it might come across as arrogant, the truth is that not caring what others think is an important part of being brave enough to accept yourself fully. Move through the world with confidence with the following quotes.
1. “I may not be perfect, but I’m always me.” —Selena Gomez
2. “If you think imma quit before I die, dream on.” —Drake
3. “Get out there. And do not accept no as an answer.” —Ivan Joseph, The Skill of Self-Confidence, Tedx, 2012
4. “I spent my whole life afraid people were going to find out I was fat. But honestly, who gives a sh*t. There’s nothing more powerful than a fat girl who doesn’t give a f*ck.” —Kat Hernandez, Euphoria
5. “This looks like a ‘no thanks’ to me.” —Unknown
6. “I know looks aren’t everything, but I have them just in case.” —BossBabe
7. “Don’t worry about me, worry about your eyebrows.” —Unknown
8. “All the people who knock me down only inspire me to do better.” —Selena Gomez
9. “Why should we worry about what others think of us? Do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?” —Brigham Young
10. “If your path demands you to walk through hell, walk as if you own the place.” —Unknown
11. “I’m not confrontational, but if someone challenges, I’m not going to back down.” —Drake
12. “It’s important for me to let my fans know I really don’t care. I’m confident.” —Drake
13. “Mental toughness is a lifestyle.” —David Goggins
14. “The only thing more contagious than a good attitude is a bad one.” —David Goggins
When it comes to confidence, athletes might be the greatest possible teachers. Having a confident mindset is essential if you want to compete to win. Motivate yourself to be the best you can be with the following famous quotes from some of the world’s best athletes.
1. “To learn to succeed you must first learn how to fail.” —Michael Jordan
2. “To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If you’re not, pretend you are.” —Muhammad Ali
3. “Your confidence comes from knowing your body and mind are in the best condition, so even when you’re up against tough opponents, you know you’re ready.” —MaruSwim, Can Sports Give Us More Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem?
4. “Confidence is a skill, which means you can learn it. Sport might be one of the best ways to help you develop the skill of confidence.” —MaruSwim, Can Sports Give Us More Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem?
5. “Self-confidence is undoubtedly the mark of a champion. But all athletes seem to possess it at varying levels, no matter what level of sport they compete at.” —MaruSwim, Can Sports Give Us More Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem?
6. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life, and that’s why I succeed.” —Michael Jordan
7. “As an athlete, confidence makes me more competitive and helps me perform better.” —Marlen Esparza
8. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” —Babe Ruth
9. “Sports can do so much. It’s given me confidence, self-esteem, discipline and motivation.” —Mia Hamm
10. “Don’t overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” —T. Harv Eker
11. “Many people start working out to lose weight or build muscle, but exercise can also be a huge boost to your self-confidence.” —Eric Ravenscraft, Practical Ways to Improve Your Self-Confidence, NY Times, 2019
12. “It’s the lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believe in myself.” —Muhammad Ali
Being confident enough to be yourself takes courage. Conquer your fear of being your imperfect self with the following 10 quotes about confidence and courage.
1. “With hope you gain courage. With courage you gain confidence, and with courage there are no limits to what you can do.” —Unknown
2. “We don’t want to force our way through adversity with stress and fear. We want to use courage.” —Brooke Castillo, Confidence as a Byproduct , Life Coach School Podcast
3. “You are in danger of living a life so comfortable and soft, that you will die without ever realizing your true potential.” —David Goggins
4. “Self-confidence and self-courage are your greatest strengths.” —Lailah Gifty Akita
5. “Believing that you’re enough is what gives you the courage to be authentic.” —Brene Brown
6. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear don’t sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” —Dale Carnegie
7. “If you have the courage to begin, you have the courage to succeed.” —Harry Hoover
8. “We can’t be brave without fear.” —Muhammad Ali
9. “Confidence is the difference between being inspired and actually getting started, between trying and doing until it’s done.” —Brittany Cunningham, How to Build Your Confidence, Tedx, 2019
10. “Courage is typically a more noble attribute than confidence because it requires greater strength, and typically a courageous person is one without limits for growth and success.” —Courtney Ackerman, What is Self-Confidence? 2021
If you doubt your self-efficacy and have no self-confidence most things in life become more challenging. Hopefully, these quotes can help you to start overcoming your self-doubt.
1. “Confidence is contagious, so is lack of confidence.” —Vince Lombardi
2. “A lack of confidence can hold people back from reaching their full potential.” —Confidence, KidsHealth
3. “Imagine if we obsessed about the things we love about ourselves.” —Unknown
4. “By filling up your tank with confidence, you’ll be able to break the cycle of over-thinking and quiet your inner critic.” —Barbara Markway, Why Self-Confidence is More Important Than You Think, 2018
5. “Arrogance is more the result of insecurity than high self-confidence.” —Eric Ravenscraft, Practical Ways to Improve Your Self-Confidence, NY Times, 2019
6. “The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself.” —Unknown
7. “If you live off a man’s compliments, you’ll die from his criticism.” —Cornelius Lindsey
8. “Neither in this world nor elsewhere is there any happiness in store for him who always doubts.” —Bhagavad Gita
9. “A lack of confidence pulls us down from the bottom and weighs us down from the top, crushing us between a flurry of can’ts, won’ts and impossibles.” —Brittany Cunningham, How to Build Your Confidence, Tedx, 2019
If you think your lack of self-confidence may be ruining your life, you might also like this list of self-sabotage quotes.
"Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." --Christopher Robin. "You have no control over other people's taste, so focus on staying true to your own." --Tim Gunn. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt.What are 3 quotes for self-confidence? ›
- “Your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude.” – ...
- “Anyone who ever gave you confidence, you owe them a lot.” – ...
- “Never dull your shine for somebody else.” – ...
- “If once you forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem.” –
“If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won even before you have started.” “If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” “Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can.”What can I say to inspire confidence? ›
- “I am the measure of my worth, and I say I am worthy.” “Life grows lovely where you are.” – Mathilde Blind.
- “I am worthy of love and respect.” ...
- “I got my own back.” – Maya Angelou. ...
- “Never forget your worth.” ...
- “She wrapped herself in a blanket of self-worth.”
Self-efficacy, or your ability to believe in yourself, can improve your success in goal setting. Studies have looked at how higher self-efficacy indicates success in areas like academic performance or quitting smoking. If you can believe, you really can achieve.What are the 5 positive quotes? ›
- “Do the best you can. ...
- “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” ―Theodore Roosevelt.
- 'It's never too late to be what you might've been.” ―George Eliot.
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” ―Walt Disney.
- “Trust yourself that you can do it and get it.” ―Baz Luhrmann.
- Never be afraid to fail. ...
- Well, I think we tried very hard not to be overconfident, because when you get overconfident, that's when something snaps up and bites you. ...
- We're generally overconfident in our opinions and our impressions and judgments.
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - ...
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. - ...
- Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. ...
- If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor. -
If you can remove your self-doubt and believe in yourself, you can achieve what you never thought possible. If you don't give up on something you truly believe in, you will find a way. Be believing, be happy, don't get discouraged.What is a famous quote about beliefs? ›
If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything. I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not.
- Develop a Positive Attitude. ...
- Set Reasonable Goals. ...
- Surround Yourself with Positive People. ...
- Practice Self-Care. ...
- Use Positive Self-Talk. ...
- Be Assertive. ...
- Create an Action List.
The beliefs determine what we do, how we do it, and how we see our accomplishments in relation to the rest of the world. Self-beliefs are so powerful that the evaluations will strongly influence the careers we seek, the relationships we pursue, and ultimately what we do or do not accomplish in life.What is a word for believing in yourself? ›
nounpride in oneself. amour-propre. conceit. confidence.
Your Spiritual Self is you in your most beautiful and powerful form. It is the authentic self, the unconditioned part, the you without patterns. This is personal for each of us, so no need to get caught up on the language.What is the most powerful motivational quote? ›
1. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” — Gandhi. “Live for what's worth dying for, and leverage technology to create the world you wish to see.”What is a short positive quote for life? ›
- “Whatever you are, be a good one.” ...
- “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” ...
- “Act as if what you do makes a difference. ...
- “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” ...
- “Positive anything is better than negative nothing.” ...
- “Limit your 'always' and your 'nevers'.”
Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down. Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.What are some simple positive quotes on life? ›
- You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. ...
- Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. ...
- In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. ...
- The only time you fail is when you fall down and stay down.
Why Confidence Matters. Confidence helps us feel ready for life's experiences. When we're confident, we're more likely to move forward with people and opportunities — not back away from them. And if things don't work out at first, confidence helps us try again.What does confidence say about a person? ›
Self-confidence means being self-assured. This can apply to everything from who you are as a person, i.e., your character, and to your accomplishments. Self-confident people don't seek approval from others because they receive that approval internally, they know exactly who they are and when they've done a good job.
- "I have a dream." ...
- "The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - ...
- "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - ...
- "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." -
- “Fortune favors the bold.” – Virgil.
- “I think, therefore I am.” – René Descartes.
- “Time is money.” – Benjamin Franklin.
- “I came, I saw, I conquered.” – Julius Caesar.
- “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” – Elbert Hubbard.
- “Practice makes perfect.” – Vince Lombardi.
“A strong woman knows she has strength enough for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey where she will become strong.”What is the quote about beliefs and behavior? ›
“Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does.”What are the 5 steps to self confidence? ›
- Practise self-care. Self-confidence and self-care are often closely linked. ...
- Build positive relationships. Those who are negative and try to bring you down can often drain your confidence. ...
- Work on a growth mindset. ...
- Challenge yourself. ...
- Practise self-affirmations.
- Write out a list of things you admire about yourself. ...
- Stop being a people pleaser. ...
- Step outside your comfort zone. ...
- Stop comparing yourself to others. ...
- Forgive yourself for your past thoughts. ...
- Set boundaries in your relationships. ...
- Celebrate your wins. ...
- Let go of negative people.
“The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.” “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” “Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string.” “We have all a better guide in ourselves, if we would attend to it, than any other person can be.”What is an inspirational quote about staying true to yourself? ›
To be true to yourself—to look straight into your own eyes reflected in the mirror and be loyal to the person you see—is to be bold indeed.” “Live the beautiful, authentic truth inside your heart.” “Haters gonna hate, no matter what you choose to do. So, you might as well do what makes you happy.”What is a famous finding yourself quote? ›
- "Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom."–Aristotle.
- "In the end you don't so much find yourself as you find someone who knows who you are."–Robert Brault.
- "One must know oneself. ...
- "Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom."–Lao Tzu.
“I'm not advocating blind trust, but rather smart trust with expectations and accountability.” “High trust organizations outperform low trust organizations by about three times in total return to shareholders.” “Inspiring others is a learnable skill.
- “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall” – Confucius.
- “Magic is believing in yourself. ...
- “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them” – Walt Disney.
- “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure…